Friday, November 5, 2010

Remember, remember...

Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.  I see of no reason the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot...

If you're like me you probably first learned about November 5th by watching that ever awesome movie, V for Vendetta.  If you're like my husband, you probably didn't realize at first that the gunpowder treason plot was actually real and took place on November 5th, 1605, and as you know from the movie, failed.  I'm not going to try to give a history lesson, because I would fail at that, but if you want to read more about the event, check out this article on wikipedia.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot

I found it to be very informative.  That said, Good day to you all, and I am going to watch V for Vendetta.  Have a wonderful 5th of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment