Thursday, October 7, 2010

Coincidence? I Think Not...

Yesterday I asked you for advice.  Should I write the book that I've always wanted to write despite my lack of self confidence, or should I forget the whole damn thing and find something else to do with my life.

Several of you left me encouraging comments and several others (mostly family) told me in person to just "Go for it."  I really appreciate all of the support and encouragement.

But then, this morning at 4 AM while I was on Facebook, I found that one of my favorite authors linked to a blog in which she was interviewed.  I wasn't going to read it...but i didn't really have anything better to do at 4 AM.  Most of the interview questions were about her book, some about her personal life, but then it got to one question where I felt the answer was directed straight at me...

Any advice you'd like to share for us aspiring writers?

Try to finish something. If your goal is to publish a novel, force yourself to write one, complete novel. Don't think about how crappy it is or all the things you want to change while you're writing it. Just FINISH it. You'll learn more from that process than from anything else you''ll ever do or read.

Is it coincidence that just as I was doubting myself I stumbled across this?  I think not.

Some things, I think, were just meant to happen the way they happened...  And this happened too perfectly to be mere coincidence.

So, my decision is made.  I'm going to write my book.  I'm going to fight writers block and my horrid farm-girl grammar, and I'm going to write.  As a result, someday I hope you'll be seeing my books on the shelves at Barnes & Nobles, or in your local library.  That would be a dream come true.

To those of you who encouraged me to continue writing, I thank you so much, and I hope you will continue to support me throughout my whole writing process--I know I will need it!

And now...I do believe I'm off to write something.  <3

P.S.  The blog in which the interview was featured was Ebysswriter

The author interviewed was a local NY author who's books I absolutely adore, Michelle Zink.  <3


And now for some pretty, inspirational pictures--Here for your enjoyment as well as my writing inspiration.







No comments:

Post a Comment