Monday, October 25, 2010

Fifty-two Weeks

So, I am sad to say that I quickly failed to keep up with an entry a day for my art journal, thanks to my stomach flu.  I'm about a week behind.  That doesn't mean I'm giving it up...far from it...but I probably won't have an entry every day.  Instead, I have decided to try a new project (in addition to the journal of course), and hopefully it will be one that is easier to keep up with. 

A Fifty-Two week photo project.

For all of you who read my last blog post, I left a little link at the end to a photographer on Deviant Art who has some amazing photos.  Over the past year =Ronaaa  http://ronaaa.deviantart.com/ did a "fifty-two week photography project." The basic idea is to post one self portrait photo a week, each photo being a diary/journal entry of sorts, to document your entire year. 

Those of you who know me well, know that I love taking photos, and for me, I find that inspiration for photos comes far easier than inspiration for drawings or writing.  I feel that, if I can achieve this goal, I will feel more accomplished, and confident in my artwork, and maybe it will inspire me to do more with it.  So, starting this week (10/25/2010) I will do my best to post one self portrait photo a week on my deviant art page:  http://goodnightclover.deviantart.com/

I'm hoping to post the first one today. 

To close, I'd like to post a few of the photos from =Ronaaa's project that inspired me to start my own.  If you like them, I'd encourage you to go check out the rest on her profile.


No comments:

Post a Comment