Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To Write, or Not to Write



Yesterday, my Mom told me that I should write a book.  I have the plot ideas.  I have the characters.  I have settings.  Hell, I even have most of them named!  But...I just don't know if I have the talent.  

I LOVE to write.  I've been writing stories since I was a child, but that doesn't mean they were any good.  In fact, I'm quite positive the only stories I've ever written that were even decent were fan fictions.  Go figure.

Such has been my mindset lately, and so I have not written in some time.  I feel that every time I do my words can not do the characters and places I have created any justice.  How am I supposed to write a book if that is the case?

Do not misunderstand me...it is my dream to write and publish a book.  It has been for a long, long time.  I just don't have the confidence in myself to carry through with it, and I don't know how to fix that problem.

I want to write.  I have the ideas and I NEED to put them on paper...  But the story-lines in my head are so wonderful to me, that whenever I try to translate it to paper, I fail. Its just not the same, and I can't seem to settle for just OK.  It has to be exactly like the pictures in my mind or its not good enough for me.

This is getting depressing, so I digress...  My question to you is:  Should I try to write my book, or should I just... forget about it?





No comments:

Post a Comment